Platelets Rich Plasma Therapy
As we know blood is mainly a liquid (called plasma), it also comprises small solid components like red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. The platelets are best identified for their importance in clotting blood. However, platelets also include many proteins called growth factors which are very significant in the healing of injuries.
PRP is plasma with many more platelets than what is normally found in blood. The concentration of platelets — and, thus, the concentration of growth factors must be 5 to 10 times bigger (or richer) than usual.
The Platelets Rich Plasma Therapy makes use of platelets from the athlete’s own blood to reconstitute a tendon or cartilage that is damaged. Platelets Rich Plasma therapy is an injection process that is commonly used to treat the following conditions.
- Pelvic Pain and Instability.
- Back and Neck Injuries.
- Tennis Elbow.
- Sprain in the ankle.
- Ligament Sprains.
Best Treatment of PRP Therapy in Delhi
Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy is performed in an exam room and takes not even an hour. The patient’s blood is taken and put in a separator for 15 minutes to segregate the platelets. The platelet-rich plasma is then inserted into the injured portion of the tendon or cartilage with the control of an ultrasound machine.
Patients are put on a program of virtual rest. After that physical therapy for the first 6 weeks. After 6 to 12 weeks, patients are re-evaluated for enhancement. Some patients with more tough injuries may need more than one injection to attain outcomes that are successful.
Benefits of Platelets Rich Plasma Therapy
- The Platelets Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) injections tie together the healing power of your own blood to reduce joint pain that is caused as a result of inflammation.
- The PRP injection comprises proteins that are valuable and growth factors that the body might utilize to start fixing cells and tissue.
- Crammed with growth and healing factors, platelets initiate repair.
- PRP’s natural healing process strengthens the body’s efforts by offering a higher concentration of platelets.
- Simple, non-surgical procedure.
- Results are safe and trustworthy.
- The recovery period is fast.
- PRP is also used to improve healing for some injuries. For instance, an athlete with a completely torn heel cord may need surgery to fix the tendon. Healing of the torn tendon can perhaps be mad better by treating the injured area with PRP during surgery.
As the aim of PRP therapy is to resolve pain through healing, it could prove to have long-lasting results. Early improvement could be perceived within a few weeks, gradually increasing as the healing develops. Research studies and clinical practice have displayed PRP therapy to be very effective at freeing pain and getting patients to their normal lives. Both ultrasound and MRI images have presented definitive tissue repair after PRP therapy, approving the process of healing. The necessity for surgery can likewise be greatly reduced by handling injured tissues prior to the damage progresses and the condition is irreparable.
Best Cost of PRP therapy in Delhi
The cost of platelets rich plasma therapy changes on the basis of the amount of injections that you get. A single injection cosr might depend upon each case and clinic that the patients might check before hand.